Ritebite Cares is a program we launched at the beginning of 2019 to help everyone in our communities #livesmiling! Throughout the year we award full orthodontic treatment to chosen applicants who take a stance against bullying, and show leadership within their community. We're proud to provide orthodontic treatment free of charge to these individuals! In addition to being strong leaders, these candidates are individuals who face financial challenges that would normally prevent them from receiving orthodontic treatment.
Ritebite Cares replaces the program we used to offer, called Smile For A Lifetime.
- Letters of Recommendation are mandatory. Please do not submit more than two letters, and limit each reference letter to one page each. Please type or print clearly with black ink (no pencil). Letters must be written by a school teacher, coach, church or community leader that knows the applicant.
- Your attached 5×7 picture of the applicant’s full smile with teeth showing, must be clear.
- Applicant must fill out and submit: Application Form, Applicant Questionnaire and General Dentist Form (located below). Your application, letters of reference and pictures will not be returned to you and will become property of Ritebite Orthodontics.
- The applicant must be a resident in one of the areas where Ritebite Orthodontics is present. This includes Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, Listowel, Sarnia, Mississauga, Oakville and Brampton.
- Must be willing to “pay it forward” by completing 40 hours of community service, during the course of treatment.
- Must have a significant aesthetic need for braces.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must be between 11 and 17 years old.
- Must be a currently enrolled student and performing satisfactorily in school (minimum C grade average).
- Must agree to follow the treatment plan, and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time.
- Must show involvement and leadership at school and in extracurricular activities.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
Applications that do not meet these criteria will not be voted on by our Board of Directors. Our Board of Directors will meet semi-annually to make their selections.
Return your completed application, applicant questionnaire, photo, and letters of recommendation to:
c/o Ritebite Orthodontics
1235 Trafalgar Road
Oakville, ON L6H 3P1
For questions call (289) 863-8000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org