Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not otherwise have the opportunity to acquire assistance. Launched in 2008, Smile for a Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. The Foundation sponsors the orthodontic care of hundreds of patients each year. Smile for a Lifetime Foundation has 133 chapters throughout the US and now 3 in Canada. Dr Luis is one of the three chapters in Canada (the other chapters are in Toronto and Montreal). Each chapter has its own local Board of Directors who chooses patients to be treated by the Foundation.
- Letters of Recommendation are mandatory. Please do not submit more than two letters, and limit each reference letter to one page each. Please type or print clearly with black ink (no pencil). Letters must be written by a school teacher or church or community leader that knows the applicant.
- Your attached 5×7 picture of the applicant’s full smile with teeth showing, must be clear.
- Applicant must fill out and submit: application and applicant questionnaire.
- Your application, letters of reference and pictures will not be returned to you and will become property of Smile for a Lifetime foundation.
- The applicant must be a resident of the area the foundation serves (Waterloo Region and surrounding areas).
- Must be willing during the treatment period to “pay it forward” by completing 40 hours of community service at one of the charities on Smile for a Lifetime’s charity list.
- Must have a significant aesthetic need for braces.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must be between 11 and 17 years old
- Must be a currently enrolled student and performing satisfactorily in school (minimum C grade average)
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude
- Must agree to follow the treatment plan, and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time
- Must show involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities
Applications that do not meet these criteria will not be voted on by our Board of Directors. Our Board of Directors will meet semi-annually to make their selections.
Scholarship Application (422 KB)
Applicant Questionnaire (328 KB)
General Dentist Form (422 KB)
Return your completed application, applicant questionnaire, photo, and letters of recommendation to:
Smile for a Lifetime Foundation
c/o RiteBite Orthodontics
415 Hespeler Road Unit#1
Cambridge, ON N1R 6J1
For questions call (519) 888-6666
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org